Tuesday 5 May 2009

Disractons!

The list of distractions i have come across during the past few days is rediculous!
My bf has his finals next week, so hes literally not leaving the house, so I thought maybe that would motivate me to get alot of revision done, as usually im with him every night....how wrong was I!Although im pretty sure procrastination is a genetic predisposition which iv aquired from both of my parents, that doesnt make it any better, and im pretty sure that it wont be a good enough excuse for the failure of my exams....

So lets start with the weekend, saturday i got to the libary really early, all set for an hardcore day of revision, after about half an hour my sight suddenly goes! No word of a lie, my eyes were really hurting, so i closed them for a second thinking it was just because i was tired, and on opening them my vision deteriated by about 50%, I decided i was in the right place to investigate this problem, after reading about visual loss for about 5 minutes i decided to go home due to the fear i may be going blind or have some form of brain tumour....So that gave me an excuse to lay around with my eyes closed and complain, i finally decided to do some work, then britains got talent came on.end of work. I rang the optitian and he didnt seem worried, he just gave me an appointment for thursday! Iv now adapted to my new visual state but its not useful when i need to be reading...

Sunday, eyes still no better, i decided to man up and work through the pain, on arriving to the libary I saw a friend of mine who i sat and talked to for about an hour (or 3) and then went for lunch with...gets to about 2pm and still no work, arrive in the libary and its jammed packed so i go home, I get home and decide to make dinner not just any ordinary dinner, I wanted lasagne, fresh and home made...so i went shopping for everything, found a recipe and made it, what a loser i am, all this time just thinking id work better later after id had some good food....5pm still no work, sat down did about an hour, then suddenly started to feel really sick (i bet your all thinking im an hyperchondriac...) I was sick a few times and so went to bed...im sure i food poisoned myself, not a good weekend for my health....however i felt alot better on monday!

Monday I went to the libary, only to find people working on the floor! It was crazily packed! They were giving out time limits for the desks! I managed to get a desk but it was so loud and hot and full, none of the books i wanted were on the shelves, dont people have things to do on a bank holiday?! I was not in the mood to revise so i went home to work, got home and the household had decided around my exam period would be a great time to redecorate the garden...theres men outside with the big digger things destroying our perfectly good exhisting patio, there rebuilding our walls and fences which were more than satisfactory at carrying out there purpose of dividing things....I wasnt happy, I shouted at a few people, and then made some sushi....yep sushi making was my only escape, I do love sushi though and fish is good for your brain right....

Now its tuesday, Iv been to my lectures this morning, the seventh neoplasia lecture within a week.....and now im procrastinating even more by writing this blog! Iv got the dentist in half an hour as iv also had the worst tooth ache all week (i swear i never normally complain bout things) This evening i WILL get lots of revision done.......

2 comments:

  1. your blog is really enjoyable
    i'll be starting medicine this coming september and im scared out of my mind .. but its good to know that you can do whatever you set your mind to.

    good luck with exams !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medicine is great, dont be scared!
    Congratulations for getting a place, u must be very excited!
    Good luck with everything, feel free to contact me if theres anything you want to know about the course or just anything in general! xxx

    ReplyDelete