Tuesday 28 April 2009

Whos telling the truth?!

So its four weeks till exams and my knowledge (or lack of) is starting to become apparent. Iv been doing a decent amount of revision (or what i thought was decent) but on returning after easter people are starting to worry me! My 'decent' amount of revision has been 2-3 hours most days...with the occasional 4 hour sesh, however i did spend many days just chilling out, visiting friends, I had a weekend away and jus basically having a good time! Lots of my good friends have told me theyve done 9-10 hours EVERY day of the easter break! Peoples facebook status's have started to worry me too, things like: 'John thinks revising all day everyday is starting to pay off', 'Emma is now an histology pro', 'Ali thinks the specimen papers wern't too bad'. These types of things are not making me feel better about my 2 hour days! However, in dissection today (or two hour chat) everyone has been saying that they havent looked at a book all holiday and that they are going to start revision this week....So is there really such a vast spread of effort that is being put in throughout the year group, or are people lying... This as been playing on my mind but then i started to think, it shouldnt (and doesnt) matter how much others have done, if i do enough (or what i think is enough) then thats all that matters! In medicine people seem to get obsessed with what everyone else is doing! You go to school and college being the smartest in the class, then u get to medicine and all of a sudden your just average (or even worst, like in my case!) So people start worrying if there not doing enough compared to everyone else, I have been like that since i started! But iv started to think, as long as you learn everything, and feel confident, it doesnt matter what everyone else is doing! Ill stop now iv blabbed on, this is just a recent breakthrough of mine and i thought i would share!

No comments:

Post a Comment