Friday 12 June 2009

RESULTS :D

Hey everyone, Its a long time since i wrote but i passed my exams so ive had alot of celebration to be doing! Surprisingly i passed well too, I got a 4 (the choices being fail, 3, 4, 5), I couldnt believe it but so so happy!
It made me think how stupid the marking is though, as if you get a 4 your in the middle without knowing which side of that middle block of people your at. If you get a 3 at least you know u were at the bottom of everyone, and everyone who got 5 (although there was only about 10) know they're at the top. For all i know i could have been a mark away from having a 3, or i could have the highest 4 in the year group meaning i was close to a 5...It shouldnt really matter, but after a good few months of hardcore revision you kind of want to know where you stand in terms of the rest of the year... Supposingly you get a number at some point, giving you a ranking out of the year group, so i could be 11/300 or 250/300! Its a big difference! So cant wait to find that out.

So i went to my boyfriends graduation ball just before i got my results, its crazy as they were giving goody bags out with badges in saying 'I'm a doctor' and everyone was having their first piss up as a doctor, and there i was, awaiting my 1st year results! Kind of made me appreciate for the first time, the massive knowledge gap between me and him. But its weird how young everyone looks, and by talking to people and seeing how some people behave, scares you abit that these people will be doctors in august! However, most people were lovely and im sure they will all make amazing doctors! The weekend basically consisted of alcohol, and lots of it, but as that suggests, we had an amazing time! The last day was the day of my results and i wasnt stressed or nervous at all, i kind of had the que sera sera approach, Id done the exams, tried my bloody hardest...so whatever came next i deserved!

The trip back was spoilt by the sat nav! It should have only taken an hour to get back to uni however an hour into the journey we found our selves in manchester...MILES away from where we were heading! The sat nav must have misread the postcode that was put it (or my bf didnt put in in right, which was my best guess) so i was really mad, especially as we only had untill 4 to book our retakes (which i really hoped wasnt going to be needed as another month of revision was the last thing on my mind...) and by this time it was 3 so we were cutting things short! After a stressful journey we made it back and although id missed the celebrations of everyone else, i entered the deserted corridor, excited to see i wasnt on the fail list and even more excited to see id not only passed, but passed with an ok grade...or so i hope...i could have just missed getting a 3!

It comes to show you can do well in medicine if you try. Fair enough , i didnt get a 5, i wasnt the top of the year, that was never expected. But i wasnt the bottom either, which I feel is a huge achievment for myself. There were people who did worst than me in these exams, so although i may have got lower GCSE and A level grades than everyone else, i still beat alot of people in the medical exams! It just comes to show what abit of effort and tiny bit of belief in yourself can do.
I wish everyone luck in there upcoming exams and the best of luck with results.

No comments:

Post a Comment